Tom Miller’s dedication to the pork industry in Arizona and on the national level was beyond words. For Arizona, Miller was the quintessential spokesperson for quality pork and production in our state. To honor Tom Miller for his years of service and accomplishments in the pork industry, the Arizona Pork Council (APC) is offering up to $5,000in Scholarships through the Tom Miller Memorial Scholarship Program. Students who intend to pursue a career in the Pork Industry or a related field should apply!
- Must be an Arizona Resident.
- Must be a Senior at an Arizona high school ORcurrently attending acollege, university, or trade program.
- Must have a 2.5or higher GPA.
- Must have participated in the pork industry (SwineProject in 4-H/FFA).
- Cover Letter including name, phone number, emailaddress,mailing address, and schoolorcollege attending.
- Professional Resume.
- Letter of Reference.
- Most recent school transcript.
- Brief letter/essay indicating:
- What impact their participation in a Swine Project during high school had on their growth and development.
- What role the applicant sees themselves playing in the pork industry after graduation.
Payment of $1,000Scholarshipswill be made directly to the College, University, or Trade Schoolin the recipient’s name.
Questions and complete applications should be emailed tothe Arizona Pork Council at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 31, 2023.